Who to call in an emergency

If you have to deal with a power cut, flooding or weather-related issues, these are some of the numbers you might need to call.

The main emergency number is 999 for police, ambulance, fire service, coastguard, mountain rescue and cave rescue. This number should be used only when urgent attendance by the emergency services is required - for example someone is seriously ill or injured, or if a crime is in progress.

Power cuts or fallen cables

Western Power

Call Electricity network engineers free on 105

0800 6783 105

Trees down

Lincs Police on its non-emergency number 101

Can you smell gas?

Call 0800 111 999

Other gas issues

Cadent on 0345 835 1111


Environment Agency 0800 80 70 60 or LCC 01522 782082

Water supply

Anglian Water 03457 145 145

A river blockage, for example a fallen tree;
Collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks;
Unusual changes in river flow;
Flooding from the sea or a main river.

Environment Agency 0800 80 70 60

If you think a sewer is blocked

Anglian Water's Operations Team on 03457 145 145




Other key numbers:

112 - Another emergency number, which operates exactly the same as 999 and directs you to exactly the same emergency call centre.

111 - The non-emergency medical number

Was this page useful?

A-Z of Services

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z