Ending your Council tenancy

What to do if you want to move out.

If you want to end your tenancy, you must give us at least four weeks notice by completing and returning a termination form. Please contact us on 01476 40 60 80 to obtain a termination form.

 Before you leave:

·       remove all your belongings and rubbish

·       leave the house and garden clean and tidy

·       ensure that any damage is repaired

·       leave any fixtures and fittings which belong to us

·       pay all due rent and charges

·       when you remove any gas appliances, you must arrange to have any gas pipes capped off by a Corgi-registered plumber or engineer. Tell us your supplier for gas and electricity so that we can confirm final meter readings with them


What to do if a tenant dies

Coping with the death of a friend or relative is never easy and trying to deal with their affairs can be complicated and upsetting.  

If you are the next of kin, or acting on behalf of a tenant, please contact us about the tenant's death as soon as possible. 

Was this page useful?

A-Z of Services

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z