House to house charitable collections licence

You need a licence to carry out house-to-house collections if you want to collect money or goods (that you plan to sell at a later date) Collections of clothing and direct debit fundraising also require a House to House licence (as these are considered ‘any other property)” from people's homes for charity. Licences can be valid for up to one year.

Who needs a licence?

You must apply if you are either a:

  • small charity, or
  • local group, e.g. scouts, guides

House to house collection licences can be valid for anything up to one year.

Please click on the button at the top of this page to make your application. 

Street Collection and House to House Collection Policy 2022

Was this page useful?

A-Z of Services

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z