Community funding and volunteering

Find out about how to apply for our Community Fund and volunteering opportunities in South Kesteven.

LotterySK

Community Fund

Charities, community and voluntary organisations provide an invaluable service across our district every day and South Kesteven District Council is keen to support the excellent work they do.

In 2015 SKDC announced the creation of a Community Fund to which local groups and organisations can apply for grants to support projects or events which take place in South Kesteven.

Financial assistance offered through the Fund is available through three strands:

Example projects include provision of outdoor facilities, work to community buildings, enterprise projects, events and new organisations and social enterprises that support communities in the district.

Those applying through the small grants scheme can request up to 100% of project costs.  Groups wishing to apply for assistance with a community event or project with a value in excess of £2, 000 can request up to a maximum of 80% of the total costs. The other 20% must be contributed from elsewhere, of which 10% can be from 'in-kind' volunteering or materials.

How to apply

The SKDC Community Fund is kindly administered on behalf of South Kesteven District Council by the Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service (LCVS).

For application forms, information about eligibility and funding criteria please click here to be redirected to the LCVS website.

LotterySK

In September 2018 SKDC will be launching a new local lottery called LotterySK, which will help raise money for local charities and good causes. From each £1 ticket, 60 pence will be donated to good causes; twice the amount of the National Lottery.

Money from each ticket will help support the Community Fund. If the ticket buyer wishes to donate to a particular good cause or charity, 50 pence will be donated and 10 pence will go to the Fund. Alternatively, ticket buyers can opt for all 60 pence to go to the Fund to be distributed in the usual way.

Volunteering

We sometimes have opportunities for volunteers in our community leisure projects. For further information, please submit an enquiry >>

For further information on volunteering opportunities in the area or if you are a voluntary organisation seeking more volunteers or support please visit:

  • Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service
  • Volunteering opportunities database
  • Discover Volunteering
  • Lincolnshire Sport

Image 1 caption: A grant of £3,600 from SKDC's Community Fund helped pay for a new kitchen at Grantham's Alive Church. Pictured in the kitchen are, left to right, Pastor Jonas Eyles, SKDC Cabinet Member for Housing Nick Neilson, chef Julia Sturley and church volunteer Alison Allenby.

Community fund image 1

 Image 2 caption: Claypole Parish Council received two £10,000 grants towards different phases of a new Community Park. The SKDC Cabinet Member for Communities, Health, Well-being and Skills, Cllr Jacky Smith, is pictured in the park with parish council vice-chairman John Freeman.

Community fund picture 2

 Image 3 caption: A project to repair the roof of the All Saints' and St John's Centre in Stamford received £10,000 from the Community Fund. Pictured on the roof are, left to right, Mayor of Stamford Max Sawyer, volunteer business manager Rebecca Goff and Cllr Mike Exton. Picture: Rutland and Stamford Mercury.

Community fund picture 3