Our new bulky waste collection service is now available online
We charge £18 for the first bulky item, and £9 for each additional item
We charge £50 to remove a piano. We charge £36 for an American-style fridge.
Please review the terms and conditions below before booking your bulky items for collection.
We charge £18 for the first bulky item, and £9 for each additional item. Fridges and freezers are charged at £18 each, as it costs the council more to dispose of them.
Charges apply to each single item collected, for example:
- 3-piece suite = 3 items
- A bed and mattress = 2 items
- A corner sofa = 2 items
Please note: fridges and freezers cannot be classed as the first item for collection, and must be empty for collection.
What can't we collect?
|Radiators||Builder's rubble / bricks concrete||Paving slabs|
|Gas bottles (please ring the supplier)||Fixtures and fittings such as kitchens, or bathrooms||Soil|
If you are a business and wish to get rid of your bulky items, please send our commercial waste team an enquiry here: http://www.southkesteven.gov.uk/commercialwaste
Details of Lincolnshire County Council tips within South Kesteven can be found using the link below for my nearest recycling centre
There are a number of charities and organisations who might be interested in your second-hand furniture and electrical appliances, if they're in good, working condition. Alternatively, there are lots of online selling pages on social media.
Items we collect
Bed - Base Single
Fridge - American
Internal Door (no glass)
Armchair - Recliner
External Door (no glass)
Fridge - Built in
TV / Stereo Units
Bathtub - Plastic
Cooker - Range / Aga
Sofa - Corner
BBQ (not the gas bottle)
Fridge-Freezer - Built in
Bed - Base Bunk / Cabin
Bed - Base Double
Chest of Drawers
Freezer - Built in
Patio Heater (not the gas bottle)
Bed - Base King-size
- We are not able to enter a property to collect items. All items booked for collection must be placed outside, at the edge of your property nearest to the highway, by 7.30am on the chosen day of collection.
- A cancellation must be requested by 12pm the working day before your collection date. Refunds will be issued within 3 working days following this notification. Please make sure you have your booking reference number
- Items cannot be added or amended to the collection after payment has been received.
- The Council will only collect items that are listed on the confirmation order.
- This service does not include collecting items of commercial/business waste.
- The Council reserves the right to refuse to collect items which it considers may endanger the health and safety of operatives or damage our collection vehicle.
- We reserve the right to rearrange your collection if operational issues effect your planned collection.
- You are confirming that you have the ownership of the items for disposal and will indemnify the Council against and third-party claims made in respect of the items collected and disposed of.
- Please note any obstructions or obstacles may mean non-collection of the items, and the booking will need to be made again
When making a booking for multiple items
If booking multiple collections slots, please make sure that each appointment slot has a different reference number. Please select your preferred collection date from the list of available slots.
We can email you confirmation of your booked slot and reference number for future contact, if you provide an email address. If you do not please ensure you take note of these detailsBOOK A BULKY COLLECTION
Cancellations and refund information
Please note you must provide your booking reference number when requesting a Full/ Part refund. This would have been given at the end of your booking.
A cancellation must be requested by 12pm the working day before your collection date.
Please allow 3 working days for your refund request to be processed.BULKY COLLECTION REFUNDS
There have been cases where scrap metal collectors have taken away electrical items before our team arrived. All our employees wear a South Kesteven District Council (SKDC) high-visibility jacket and drive an SKDC vehicle. If you are unsure, you can ask to see formal identification from any of our employees.