*Important information about signing up for a social housing tenancy

Please be aware that when you sign up for a social housing tenancy (housing association and council) you may be asked to pay up to four weeks rent in advance.  If you cannot pay this, you risk losing your offer of social housing.  However there is help available provided you are eligible:

  • if you claim housing benefit already you may be able to claim assistance with the first months rent through a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).  See further information and apply online >> 
  • if you are not currently in receipt of Housing Benefit you may be eligible for assistance through Lincolnshire Community Assistance Scheme (LCAS).  For more information call 01522 716040 or visit the LCAS website >>

Alternatively the Lincolnshire Credit Union may be able to assist with an affordable loan. For more information call 01522 845100 or visit the Lincolnshire Credit Union website >>