The four licensing objectives are:
- The prevention of crime and disorder;
- Public safety;
- The prevention of public nuisance; and
- The protection of children from harm
The guidance on how to do this and an application form can be found below.
When we have received the application for review we will advertise it at the premises, on the website and on the public notice board at the relevant area council office in which the premises are situated for a 28 day period. This invites any relevant representations on the review application from other people, bodies, businesses or responsible authorities and the premises licence holder or members club.
The application for review will be rejected if it is considered to be frivolous, vexatious or repetitious.
At the end of the 28 days allowed for representations, a committee hearing will consider the review application and any relevant representations.
After consideration the sub-committee may:
- take no action
- amend the Licence to promote the licensing objectives
- suspend the licence for up to 3 months
- revoke the licence
- issue informal warnings or guidance about the future operation of the premises