A member of HM Forces and their spouse or civil partner can register as an ordinary elector or they have the option to register as a service voterYou can register as a service voter by visiting www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. A service declaration must be completed, which is valid for five years. Each unit of the services has designated one member of staff to be a Unit Registration Officer who will be able to provide further advice.