British citizens living abroad can vote in UK Parliamentary and European Parliamentary elections, but not in local elections or elections to devolved bodies such as the Scottish Parliament, National Assembly for Wales or Greater London Authority. British citizens living abroad for more than 15 years are not eligible to register to vote in UK elections. You can register as an overseas elector at with the local authority for the address where you were last registered in the UK.