Councillor Vacancies and by-elections

When a serving councillor steps down or is no longer able to serve, we hold a by-election for the vacant seat in the ward they represented.  Registered voters can vote for a new councillor to represent them and their ward in the council. 

There is currently a District Councillor vacancy in the Glen Ward.

pdf icon Notice of Vacancy - Glen Ward [74kb]

A poll cannot currently take place until 6 May 2021 as a result of the Local Government and Police and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus) (Postponement of Elections and Referendums) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 and the Coronavirus Act 2020.  This date may be brought forward or deferred by the Government depending upon the circumstances.


Any elections taking place are listed below:  



There are currently no elections scheduled