You need to apply to us for all public events which you wish to hold on open space owned by South Kesteven District Council in the district.
Please read our guidance and application pack for event organisers before completing your application. Download our events application pack >>
Event applications should be submitted to us at least three months before your event date or at least six months before a major event, when planning is likely to take some time. Please be aware we treat each application on its own merit and some events maybe subject to a hire fee.
To make your application, please contact us >>
What you need to do
In order for us to grant you permission to hold your event on our land, we need to be able to satisfy ourselves that you have assessed all risks presented by your event and put into place measures and procedures to ensure safety to your visitors.
It is important that you provide us with the following information when you apply to hold an event:
- named organiser of the event and their contact details
- date and timing of the event
- type of event you are planning
- how many people are expected
- details of any special or unusual activities - march, procession, fireworks, adventure activities, aircraft usage, animals including birds/falconry, military displays, weapons, archery, darts, etc.
- results of any risk assessments that you have carried out
- if your event is open to the general public
- details of any ticketing arrangements
- details of any charges to visitors
- if your event will take place on the highway
- if your event will take place in a public area, such as a park, town centre or open space
- availability of alcohol
- if the event has been held in previous years
What happens next
We will process your application and advise if this has been approved subject to our conditions of approval. Further action may be required and in some cases, we or another organisation that has been consulted (i.e. emergency services) may ask you to change some of your plans to improve the safety at the event.
For further information, please submit an enquiry >>