South Kesteven District Council (SKDC) engages customers through many digital outlets including our website at www.southkesteven.gov.uk Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Communicating with the district's businesses and residents through social media further enables customers to contact the council. We encourage interaction and discussion between residents, customers and we welcome your feedback.
Please be aware that when engaging with the South Kesteven District Council over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on an SKDC social media site
If you post a question to the district council we will respond as promptly as possible during working hours (Mon-Thurs, 8:45am-17:15pm, Fri, 08:45-16:45pm). If your enquiry falls outside of these hours, we will get back to you as soon as possible when office hours resume.
SKDC shares information, images and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and while comments will not be edited by SKDC officers, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- comments should be related to the posted topic for the social media page or post. SKDC social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website
- you are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official SKDC pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website's TOS
- SKDC social media accounts are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- the use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is prohibited. Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status are prohibited
- comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others are prohibited
- chain letters or 'spam'
- this comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time
We also reserve the right to terminate involvement by users who post such content.
Users are welcome to submit or post content to an official SKDC site as long as the content meets the standards articulated in this Customer Use Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
The views and opinions expressed on the council's social media sites do not necessarily represent those of the district council. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or reliability of information posted by external parties.
For further information about anything contained within this document please contact the Communications team by email at email@example.com.