You can apply for variation to the certificate if you wish to:
- vary the hours during which an activity is permitted
- add or remove activities
- amend, add or remove conditions within a certificate
- alter any aspect of the layout of the premises shown on the plan
Club premises certificates cannot be transferred or used to apply to more than one venue.
The full variation process is very similar to the application process for a new premises licence and the fee is the same. Use this process to make a substantial change to your licence, for example, increasing the hours when you sell alcohol.
To make a small, low-risk change to your premises licence, you may be able to use the minor variation process. This is cheaper and quicker than the full variation application.
Small changes could include:
- removing a licensable activity
- reducing the hours you sell alcohol
- making small changes to the layout of your premises
If you apply for a minor variation and your application is rejected, you will not be able to appeal. However, you can reapply using the full variation process.