A personal licence is not required for any other licensable activity, including the supply of alcohol authorised under a Club Premises Certificate.
Applications for a personal licence should only be made to the licensing authority where the applicant normally resides. The applicant must be over 18 years of age.
Only one personal licence can be held. There is no expiry of a personal licence.
Please click on the button below to make your application.Apply for a personal licence
- fee - currently £37.00
- proof of your licensing qualification
- two photographs which must be:
- taken against a light background
- size 45 mm by 35 mm
- full face without sunglasses
- without a hat, unless the applicant wears a head covering due to his/her belief
- on photographic paper
- endorsed by a solicitor, notary, a person of standing in the community, or any individual with a professional qualification
- a certificate demonstrating you have completed and passed an accredited personal licence qualification. To view the qualifications currently recognised under the Licensing Act visit - Home Office - Accredited personal licence qualification providers >>
- one of the following certificates:
- a criminal conviction certificate
- a criminal record certificate
- the results of a subject access search of the Police National Computer by the National Identification Service
The certificate, or search results, submitted must have been issued within a month before the date of application. Basic criminal record disclosure certificates can be obtained from the Disclosure Scotland website >>