In accordance with the amended Town and Country Planning Act 1990, the District Council has made an initial assessment of the Neighbourhood Plan and the supporting documents and is satisfied that these comply with the specified criteria.
Colin Blundel BSc (Hons) MSc DipTP MRTPI was, with the agreement of Hough on the Hill Parish Council, appointed as the independent examiner for the Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan.
The district council received the independent examiner's report on the Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan on 20 January 2015. The examiner's report can be viewed/downloaded below. The report explores the issues raised through the representations received on the plan that was submitted for examination.
The examiner concludes that the plan and its policies, if modified in accordance with the recommendations set out in his report, meets the "basic conditions" and other legal requirements. Consequently he recommends to the district council that the Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan should, subject to the modifications, be submitted to referendum. He also recommends that the referendum should be based on the neighbourhood area covered by the plan.
The district council's Cabinet will consider the examiner's report at a future meeting and decide whether to proceed to a referendum on the basis of the examiner's recommendations.
Consultation on the proposed Neighbourhood Plan
You can view the consultation documents below:
- Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan [3Mb]
- Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan Appendix 1 - Landscape Character Assessment [4Mb]
- Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan Appendix 2 - Loveden Hill Justification Statement [712kb]
- Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan - Basic Conditions Statement [1Mb]
- Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan - Consultation Statement [2Mb]
- Hough on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan - Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination [331kb]
- Hough on the Hill supporting evidence [274kb]
- Public Notice [264kb]