You need to also consider:
- are the tattooist and the premises they are working from registered with the council? NEVER have a tattoo by someone who is working illegally from home. By law, their certificate must be clearly displayed with the tattooists photograph
- you must be 18 years or older to have a tattoo. There are no exceptions to this. The police and the council will prosecute anyone who breaks this law. Just like buying alcohol, the responsibility is on the tattooist to ensure they have made reasonable checks to ensure the person is over 18. E.g. 'challenge 21/25' - official evidence must be seen, such as a passport or driving license with photo ID
- the tattooist must ensure you have no medical conditions that will increase the risk of complications occurring. These checks are vitally important and must be recorded and signed by the customer
- does the premise look and smell clean and tidy?
- is the tattooist washing their hands regularly? Wearing disposable gloves does not replace hand washing