Anglian Water is responsible for the sewers and pipes you share with your neighbours, and for pipes outside of your boundary which connect to their networks. Telephone: 08457 145 145.
The gullies on the side of roads are the responsibility of Lincolnshire County Council, Telephone: 01522 552222.
Advice on how to avoid sewer blockages
- don't flush rags, cotton wool, sanitary products, condoms, nappies, plastic or similar materials down the toilet
- medical items like needles and syringes should be placed in special sharps bins
- don't pour fats, oils, grease or food waste down the sink or your external drains. Allow this waste to solidify then dispose of in the bin
- recycle unwanted cooking oil at a recycling centre. If you run a catering business please find a company that will collect and recycle your cooking oil
If you own land or property next to a river, stream or ditch you are a 'riparian landowner' and this guide is for you.
Rights and responsibilities of riverside ownership
If you own land or property next to a river, stream or ditch you are a 'riparian landowner'.
This Environment Agency's guide ('Living on the edge') explains your rights and responsibilities of riverside ownership.
This guide explains:
- your rights and responsibilities as a riparian landowner
- the roles of your risk management authority and other organisations you may need to work with
- who is responsible for flood risk management and flood defences, and what that means in practice
- how you can work with your risk management authority and other organisations to protect and improve the natural environment of our rivers and streams