Our responsibility covers:
- the processing of permits and licences in respect of premises, such as pubs, clubs, betting shops, bingo halls and family and adult gaming centres (amusement arcades)
- registering small lotteries
- receiving temporary and occasional use notices
- maintaining a register of permits and licences
- hearing of applications for reviews under the Gambling Act 2005
Small society lottery registration
To make an application, please click on the button below.Apply for lottery registration
Club gaming and machine permits
Please download the relevant application form or guidance below.
Gambling Act 2005
Permissions are subject to an application process that varies on the type of premise. The council establishes that the premises are suitable and when a licence is issued ensure that the premises are complying with regulations including any licences required by the Gambling Commission.
Please see our Gambling Act Statement of Principles 2014 [410kb]