Our team is made up of people with a huge range of skills from all kinds of business and local authority backgrounds. We have a clear management structure in place, but we embrace the ideas of everyone who works here, no matter what their level. It makes this a very stimulating place to work, and we encourage every individual to seize new opportunities, whether it's for their personal growth or the growth of our district.
This is an environment where everyone shares one goal - to deliver the best possible services to our residents. The dedication of the people who work here is inspirational and wherever you join us, you can look forward to working with teams who will always go that little bit further to get the right result.
So what sort of organisation do we want to be and what will we be known for?
We want to:
- be known for our excellent customer centred approach
- feel and act as one team - team SK
- be a great place to work where people make things happen
- cultivate positive and motivational leadership
- ensure staff are engaged and supported to reach their potential
Our People Strategy
We've built the strategy around our values and behaviours as follows:
- We deliver on the council's goals and priorities
- We take action and are accountable
- We challenge to improve
- We listen and respond to our customers
- We communicate to build the team
Download our People Strategy 2013 - 2016 [3Mb]
"Our teams are as diverse as the services we provide, and as an ambitious and forward thinking council, we are looking to recruit individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. We believe SKDC has all the opportunities you are looking for."
Beverly Agass, Chief Executive