I am a council tenant (Unable to afford rent/mortgage?)

Problems paying your rent? Help is available

Please contact our rents team as soon as possible if you are having difficulties paying your rent. We want to work with you to solve the problem.

How can we help?

We will try to help you by:

  • discussing your circumstances with you before your arrears become too serious
  • giving advice on any welfare or housing benefits you may be entitled to
  • putting you in touch with other agencies that can offer you support, such as the Citizens Advice , Shelter, Job Centre Plus, National Debtline and the StepChange Debt Charity
  • setting up a voluntary arrangement for you to pay regular amounts off your arrears