To apply, please download the application form below.
Essential Home Repair Assistance is not available for work relating to thermal efficiency, such as insulation, heating and thermal comfort. For these issues financial support is available through the Governments Green Deal Scheme Energy Company Obligation (ECO).
The survey looks at whether your home meets the statutory minimum standard related to health and safety.
Serious hazards will be identified through the EHRA survey, which uses guidance from the Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the Housing Act 2004.
Depending on the results of the survey we will advise you if you are eligible to receive EHRA. Types of work which may be considered include electrical re-wires and roof repairs.
Private tenants who have issues with the property they rent should contact their landlord or managing agent in the first instance for assistance.
Should issues persist please contact Private Sector Housing on 01476 40 60 80 for advice and assistance.
The assistance offered is discretionary and subject to funding.
There are a number of eligibility criteria, which include:
- you must be an owner occupier;
- you must be in receipt of a qualifying benefit, i.e.
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit (income less than £16,190)
- Child Tax Credit (income less than £16,190)
- Housing Benefit
- Income based Jobseekers' Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- War Disablement Pension
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Pension Credit
- Incapacity Benefit
- the property to be surveyed was built before 2000
- the property should not have had a Better Homes grant or Essential Home Repair Assistance (EHRA) in the previous 3 years
- the owner must have owned and occupied the property for at least 3 years
- the owner must agree to a local land charge. This will be registered to the property for a period of 5 years from completion of the grant funded work