Home improvements, adaptations and permission requests for tenants

We are dedicated to providing excellent services to our customers. We have developed a set of service standards which set out what you can expect from us when we do any improvements or modernisation to your home. You can also apply for permission to carry out your own improvements to your council property or if you own an ex-council property you will need permission to carry out any external works.

We will modernise your home so that it meets the Decent Homes standard.

This includes improvements to:

  • roofs
  • kitchens
  • bathrooms
  • insulation
  • central heating systems
  • windows and doors
  • electrical systems

Take a look at our home improvements booklet below.

If you wish to carry out improvements or alterations to your property, you must first obtain the consent from us as your landlord.

Apply to carry out alterations/improvements