Still entitled to Housing Benefit

Normally, if you are still entitled to Housing Benefit, we will deduct the overpayment from your ongoing benefit either:

  • by a series of payments over a number of weeks until the overpayment has been cleared
  • by a single payment from arrears of Housing Benefit

We can discuss the recovery rate with you in order to avoid any hardship.

No longer entitled to Housing Benefit or have moved out of the area

We will send you an invoice asking you to repay the money, and this should be paid by the due date. You can pay the bill online, by telephone or by post. 

The invoice gives full details of payment methods available.

Pay online