This is an initiative to help residents and businesses save money on their energy bills by negotiating better deals for gas and electricity.
The idea is that rather than switching provider as an individual, residents use their combined buying power across our community to negotiate cheaper prices with energy companies.
How does the Lincolnshire Energy Switch Scheme work?
- Residents register their interest in the scheme to look for a cheaper energy tariff for gas and/or electricity. All you need is your latest energy bill and contact details. It is free to register and there is no obligation to switch.
- At the end of the registration period an auction will be held with energy providers to find out which one will provide the best price to supply energy to the households that have registered.
- You will be sent a personal offer - it is up to you whether you accept it and choose to switch or not.
The more people who register the bigger the potential savings for everyone. Up to five households can register using one email address, so make sure you mention this to your neighbours, friends and relatives and help out if you have internet access but they don't.
But I don't use gas or electricity for heating
If you use heating oil, have you considered joining a bulk oil buying scheme? For further information visit the Community Lincs website >>
Registration for the winter auction is now closed
- Personal offers will be sent from 27 February 2017
- Acceptance period for the offers ends on 20 March 2017
Pre-register your interest
Pre-register online for the next auction!
The registration link can be used to sign-up new participants after the auction has taken place and before the date by which offers need to be accepted, so if you miss the auction deadline you haven't missed out completely. Also, once a switching cycle has ended, you can pre-register your details ahead of the next auction and you will be notified by email when the scheme re-opens so that you can confirm your details and be entered into the collective switch.
Register your interest
Register online or call 0800 048 8439 (between 8am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday - except bank holidays). You will need your annual energy statement or latest energy bills, information on your current tariff and energy consumption, your preferred method of payment and your contact details. It is free to register.Register to switch
Are you a business?
Lincolnshire Energy Switch can help save you money on your gas and electricity bills. Find out how your business can save money on energy bills >>