You can exchange with:
- another of our tenants
- a council tenant from another local authority
- a Housing Association or Registered Social Landlord
Along with 300 landlords, we are signed up to HomeSwapper. This service is free to all of our tenants and allows you to swap homes with people in the local area or anywhere else in the UK. It will give you more choice, the chance to see photographs of homes on the list and will give you regular 'news alerts' of possible swaps. Sign up to HomeSwapper >>
If you are not a South Kesteven District Council tenant, please check that your Housing Association/Council is registered with HomeSwapper to ensure free registration. If your landlord is not registered with this scheme there is a fee.
Once you have found someone who would like to exchange with you, apply online by clicking on the button below. Before making your application take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).Apply for a mutual exchange
All parties must hand in applications for our approval.
You will not be allowed to mutually exchange if:
- notice of seeking possession has been served
- the property is not suitable for your needs
- the property has adaptations that are unwanted
- the property is not in good decorative order
- the other landlord is a charitable trust or a charitable housing association and the exchange conflicts with their purposes
- you still have debts associated with the property
It takes 42 days to process a Mutual Exchange application request. Once your application is approved, an exchange date has to be agreed by all parties.
For further information, please submit an enquiry >>