Benefit fraud occurs when we are not told:
- the correct income of the household
- the correct amount of savings and capital in the household
- if a partner, or other adults (over 18 years old) live in the same property
- if they own another property or land
- if they have moved and continue to accept housing benefit payments
- the person pretends to rent a property which they actually own
- the person pretends to be paying more rent than they actually are
- the landlord fails to tell us their tenant has moved and still accepts housing benefit payments for them
To report suspected benefit fraud and help us catch benefits cheats, please report it using one of the following methods:
|Telephone||0800 854 440|
National Benefit Fraud Hotline
If you think someone is making a fraudulent claim to Council Tax Support, a single person discount or other exemption please contact us on 01476 40 60 80.
We take wrong-doing very seriously. Hotlines have been established to allow staff, councillors and the public to raise concerns.
Though reports can be raised anonymously, individuals are encouraged to leave as much information as possible to assist with the investigation.
|Confidential hotline||0800 085 3716|