Causes of overpayments
Reasons that cause an overpayment of benefit:
- you may have forgotten to let us know that your income has increased, for example, working tax credit, wages, state benefits, work pensions etc.
- somebody may have moved into or out of your home. This would mean that we will need to work out your entitlement again
- if you have other adults, such as non-dependants, living with you, their circumstances may have changed
- you may have moved out of your home and not told us
- you may have started work, or changed jobs
*Please do not rely on the Department for Work and Pensions, or your landlord, to tell us about any changes that you may have.