Click on the button below to find out what you can and can't put in your waste or recycling bin or bag.What can I put in my bin?
Some easy tips!
- Garden waste: compost it, take it to your local household waste and recycling centre or join our Garden Waste Service.
- Manage your food budget. An average family of four could save £50 a month! Visit the Love Food, Hate Waste website >>
- Buy items packaged in easily recyclable materials
- Rinse out food jars and tubs before putting them in the silver bin or clear bag
- Donate unwanted toys, clothes, shoes and books to schools or charity shops
- Replace disposable items such as cleaning wipes with washable cloths
- Use reusable cotton nappies rather than disposables
- Avoid using cling film and aluminium foil to wrap food
- Use boxes with lids instead