Skip to content

Harassment, Threats or Intimidation

Council and housing association tenants who are suffering harassment, threats or intimidation should approach their Estate or Housing Officer and the Police. If you are a private tenant or an owner occupier, you need to contact the Police. If the Police feel they are unable to ensure you are safe in your home, you can contact Housing Solutions.

Sometimes the perpetrator (the person causing these problems) is your landlord, or an associate of your landlord. If this is the case and they are trying to evict you from your home, then seek advice immediately from either the Housing Solutions team, the Environmental Health team at the Council. Alternatively, you can seek legal advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau or from a solicitor. You have legal rights under the Protection from Eviction Act (1977) to ensure that a landlord regains possession of their property in the correct legal manner.

Related documents

Size Name
[363kb] My landlord wants me out My landlord wants me out

The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.