How do I 'sign' an e-petition?
Back to article: Petitions
In this article
- What are the guidelines for submitting a petition?
- What will the council do when it receives my petition?
- How will the council respond to petitions?
- Full council debates
- Officer evidence
- How do I 'sign' an e-petition?
- What can I do if I feel my petition has not been dealt with properly?
- Petitions received by South Kesteven District Council
From December 2010 you will be able to see all the e-petitions available for signature.
When you sign an e-petition you will be asked to provide your name, your postcode and a valid email address. When you have submitted this information you will be sent an email to the email address you have provided. This email will include a link which you must click on in order to confirm the email address is valid. Once this step is complete your 'signature' will be added to the petition. People visiting the e-petition will be able to see your name in the list of those who have signed it but your contact details will not be visible.