Local groups, charities and volunteering
Are you interested in supporting local charities or voluntary groups?
If you want to get involved use the links below to find out more.
If you know of any other sites which may of value to South Kesteven residents please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Deeping Men's Group is a charity that provides wheelchairs and other medical aids, free of charge to the people who live within The Deepings practice catchment district.The equipment is loaned out to patients of any age for an initial period of 3 months but this can be extended if needed.
- Lincolnshire Council for Voluntary Youth Services is is a membership organisation that provides support services to those working with children and young people across Lincolnshire. For more information call 07595 893 723 or visit the Lincolnshire Council for Voluntary Youth Services Website.
- Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service (LCVS) supports, promotes and represents local voluntary and community sector organisations. LCVS currently work within the areas of Boston, East Lindsey, South Holland and South Kesteven. Over 40,000 charities, volunteer centres and other organisations use the Do-It Website to list their volunteering opportunities.
- Grantham Hard of Hearing Club - The club meet every Monday (except bank holidays) from 11am - 12pm at the Avenue Hotel, Avenue Road, Grantham. Why not pop along and meet some new people. For more information call Sue Clement on 01476-401-808 or email her at email@example.com.
- Royal Air Forces Association (Stamford & District Branch) is a charity that is committed to supporting the RAF Family, whether currently serving, or former-serving, in a wide range of ways, delivering help and support where it is needed.
- The way forward Grantham is a social group based in Grantham, Lincolnshire for both men and women who have lost their partners through bereavement. They meet informally every week in a relaxed environment to chat, listen to invited speakers, have quiz nights and arrange other social activities.For further information please visit www.thewayforwardgrantham.co.uk and complete the Contact Form or ring Rita on 07770587327.
- Lincolnshire Credit Union operates from the Citizens Advice Bureau at Guildhall Arts Centre, Grantham, every Wednesday from 10am to 2pm. To find out more visit www.lincscreditunion.org.uk
- Kesteven Rideability offers subsidised horse riding to disabled adults and children in the Kesteven area. The group offers a proven pathway of success from grass roots therapeutic riding to competing at Paralympic level. Activities include weekly riding sessions, riding holidays in Wales and competing at regional and national level.Volunteers are always needed to help our members benefit from this interactive and progressive therapy. For more info visit our website. www.kestevenrda.co.uk
- ChristChurch is a local partnership of the Methodist and United Reformed Churches, located in the centre of Grantham who help local community groups host events. A a number of organisations use their premises such as the Grantham Passage, Grantham Choral Society, Grantham Music Festival, and the Scrabble Club.They are happy to to extend this facility to other groups looking for a venue. For further information visit the website www.christchurchgrantham.com
- The Cybersmile Foundation is a multi award-winning cyberbullying charity committed to tackling all forms of online bullying and hate campaigns. We were founded in 2010 in response to the increasing number of cyberbullying related incidents of depression, eating disorders, social isolation, self-harm and suicides devastating lives around the world. www.cybersmile.org Helpline 08456887277.
- Grantham Writers is a group formed in 1991 and has been meeting every month since. With many famous names such as Eric Chappell (creator of rinsing Damp and others), Paul Groves (creator of BBC TV series Bangers and Mash) and Howard Timber (Script writer for the Two Ronnies), it is a hub for new creative writers and budding authors. With many published authors amongst the group we encourage new writers and poets.