Local Groups, Charities and Volunteering
Are you interested in supporting local charities or voluntary groups?
If you want to get involved use the links below to find out more.
If you know of any other sites which may of value to South Kesteven residents please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stamford Young People's Charity is an educational charity founded 13 years ago to further the education of under twenty-fives in Stamford. It has an annual disposable grant income of c.£15,000-£20,000 and this is available to individuals undertaking educational projects, or organisations catering for the educational needs of Stamford's under twenty-fives. Visit their website for more information.
- The Deeping Men's Group is a charity that provides wheelchairs and other medical aids, free of charge , to the people who live within The Deepings Practice catchment district.The equipment is loaned out to patients of any age for an initial period of 3 months but this can be extended if needed.
- Lincolnshire Council for Voluntary Youth Services is is a membership organisation that provides support services to those working with children and young people across Lincolnshire. Our goal is to help build a brighter future for them and act as the voice of the Voluntary Sector of the Youth Services in Lincolnshire on behalf of voluntary and community youth organisations including main uniformed organisations as well as individual, independent youth groups and those providing a service or facility for young people. For more information call 07595 893 723 or visit the Lincolnshire Council for Voluntary Youth Services Website.
- South Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service (SLCVS) supports, promotes and represents local voluntary and community sector organisations, ensuring that they have access to high quality, inclusive services and resources to operate efficiently and effectively creating a vibrant and thriving voluntary and community sector throughout Lincolnshire. SLCVS currently work within the areas of Boston Borough, East Lindsey, South Holland and South Kesteven. We run three Volunteering England accredited Volunteer Centres in Boston, Spalding and Grantham. Over 40,000 charities, volunteer centres and other organisations use the Do-It Website to list their volunteering opportunities.
- Grantham Hard of Hearing Club - The club meet every Monday (except bank holidays) from 11am - 12pm at the Avenue Hotel, Avenue Road, Grantham. Why not pop along and meet some new people. For more information call Sue Clement on 01476-401-808 or email her at email@example.com.
- The way forward Grantham is a social group based in Grantham, Lincolnshire, for both men and women who have lost their partners through bereavement. They meet informally every week in a relaxed environment to chat, listen to invited speakers, have quiz nights and arrange other social activities.For further information please visit www.thewayforwardgrantham.co.uk and complete the Contact Form or ring Rita on 07770587327.
- Lincolnshire Credit Union operates from the Citizens Advice Bureau at Guildhall Arts Centre, Grantham, every Wednesday from 10am to 2pm. To find out more visit www.lincscreditunion.org.uk