Ventilation of Dwellings
Ventilation to the Building Regulations mean additional requirements for some buildings from 2006 onwards.
- Rapid Ventilation: one or more ventilation opening, with some part of the ventilation opening at high level (>1.75m above floor level) typically an opening window.
- Background Ventilation: typically a trickle ventilator or an air brick with a hit and miss ventilator, should be reasonably secure, adjustable and located to avoid discomfort due to draughts and to prevent rain ingress.
- Extract Ventilation: can be by one of the following methods:-
- Mechanical extract ventilation operated manually and/or automatically by a sensor or controller.
- Passive stack ventilation (PSV) operated manually and/or automatically by a sensor or controller.
- An appropriate open-flued heating appliance (see Approved Document F)
Ventilation requirements for rooms containing opening windows on an external wall.
See attached PDF for further information.
|[10kb]||PN14 Ventilation of Dwellings231006||PN14 Ventilation of Dwellings|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.