To ensure that people living on and around our estates have and respect, the right to quiet enjoyment of their homes, feel safe and secure, and live in a community where clear standards of behaviour are understood.
- Investigate all breaches of the tenancy agreement that are reported to us.
- Aim to interview you within 3 working days of making a complaint about anti-social behaviour. This will depend on the severity of the complaint.
- Interview you within 24 hours if it involves a hate crime or serious anti-social behaviour.
- Give impartial advice and support if you become involved in a dispute with a neighbour.
- Visit you to discuss matters in the privacy of your home, or if you prefer you can call into any of our area offices.
- Advise you what we can and cannot do to deal with your complaint.
- Work with you to create an action plan that will clearly set out what will be done and by whom.
- Treat information as confidential when requested.
- Work with you to try and resolve your problems and explain clearly to you what is happening at each stage of the case.
- Interview the people responsible for the anti-social behaviour where they have been named within 10 working days of interviewing the person who has made the complaint.
- Offer mediation if all parties agree.
- Offer support for the person who has complained and the person causing the anti-social behaviour.
- Help witnesses to understand the procedure if cases need to go to court.
- Ask you to keep diary sheets if necessary of any incident you experience. Or we will provide you with the means to log and record all incidents of anti-social behaviour e.g. a Dictaphone. We will use this information to help us to decide on a course of action. It may also be required as evidence if cases progress to the courts.
- Contact and work with other agencies and organisations that may be able to provide information and help you and us to tackle the problem.
- Consider taking legal action, if required, to stop people causing anti-social behaviour on our estates where all other attempts to stop them doing so has failed.
- Work closely with our housing solutions team to give advice on emergency accommodation.
For a full guide to response times click here [55kb].
How to contact us
We have two Estate Management teams covering the North & South of the district.
If you are not sure which area you live in, click here [442kb] to view a map.
You can contact our neighbourhood services team on 0800 183 0279, or email us at the addresses above or complete an enquiry form.
Back to [A to Z of services]