Policy Development Groups
Our Policy Development Groups (PDGs) support the Cabinet by assisting with policy development. This is vital to ensuring that all key decisions are made openly, fairly and for the benefit of our residents in South Kesteven.
Our Policy Development Groups:-
- Assist the Council and the Cabinet in the development of its budget and policy framework by in-depth analysis of issues;
- Conduct research in the analysis of policy issues and possible options;
- Consider and implement mechanisms to encourage and enhance community participation in the development of policy options;
- Question members of the Cabinet and/or committees and Chief Officers about their views on issues and proposals affecting the area;
- Liaise with other external organisations operating in our area, whether national, regional or local, to ensure that the interests of local people are enhanced by working together;
Whilst PDGs do not make decisions, they regularly make recommendations for improvement or further review to the Cabinet and Chief Executive for consideration and implementation.
Public Speaking at Policy Development Groups
Each of our Policy Development Groups includes a session for public speaking at each meeting.
Our Resources PDG will work in line with the Cabinet Portfolio responsibilities for Resources and Assets and Organisational Development as set out in our Constitution.
Our Engagement PDG will work in line with the Cabinet Portfolio responsibilities for Access and Engagement and Strategic Partnerships as set out in our Constitution.
Our Communities PDG will work in line with the Cabinet Portfolio responsibilities for Economic Development and Healthy Environment as set out in our Constitution.
Back to [A to Z of services]