All our Councillors must have their interests recorded in a public register of interests.
Members must tell the Monitoring Officer in writing within 28 days of taking office, or within 28 days of any change to their interests, of any interests which fall within the categories set out in the Code of Conduct.
Members need to register their interests so that authority staff, fellow Councillors, and you the public, know which of their interests might give rise to a conflict of interest when making a decision.
Interests that must be registered
Membership or position of control or management in:
- any other bodies to which the Member has been appointed or nominated by the authority;
- any bodies exercising functions of a public nature (e.g. government agencies) or directed to charitable purposes, or whose principal purposes include the influence of public opinion or policy, including any political party or trade union;
Job(s) or business(es);
- The name of an employer or people who have appointed the member to work for them.
- The name of any person who has made a payment to the member in respect of their election, or expenses they have incurred in carrying out their duties;
- The name of any person, company or other body which has a place of business or land in the authority's area, and in which the member has a shareholding of more than £25,000 (nominal value) or of more than 1/100th of the share capital of the company;
- Any contracts between the authority and the member, the member's firm (if a partner) or a company (if they are a paid director or if they have a shareholding as described above) including any lease, licence from the authority and any contracts for goods, services or works. Where the contract relates to use of land or a property, the land must be identified on the register;
Any gift or hospitality over the value of £25 and the source of a gift or hospitality.
Any land and property in the authority's area in which the Member has a beneficial interest (or a licence to occupy for more than 28 days, including but not limited to, the land and house they live in, and any allotments they own or use).
The register for our Members and Members of the 65 Parish / Town Councils in the District, can be inspected at the Council offices, by contacting the Monitoring Officer:-The Monitoring OfficerSKDC OfficesSt Peters HillGranthamLincsNG31 6PZ01476 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Councillors also have their registered interests published on our website. Find your Councillor.