You can view some of our information using a map online to find information such as: Planning Applications, Waste Sites, Council Car Parks .....
Please check the user notes below to help you get the most out of our online maps. We have produced maps that display information on our. :
- Planning Applications More Details
- Waste Sites Show Map
- Council Car Parks Show Map
- Supported Housing Locations Show Map
Using the maps
The web application is easy to use and should work on most internet browsers. When you open the map you will be presented with the screen divided into 2 sections.
- The left hand side showing the address and details of the map
- The main panel showing the map with the zoom options
Moving around the map
To move around the map you can :
- Click on the map and hold the button down whilst moving the map.
- Click on the direction arrows on the zoom control (zoom control is shown below)
- Use an address search to move the map (details below)
Zooming in and out of the map
To zoom in and out of the map you can :
- Click on the + and - on the zoom control on the screen
- Click and hold the button down whilst moving the zoom indicator
- If you have a wheel with your mouse you can use this to zoom as well
Locating an Address
To find an address, enter the address you are searching for (for instance a street name or postcode) and click the search button. Matches are shown below and selecting an address will move the map to this location.
Finding Out Information
If you select an area on the map that has information, for instance a shaded area representing a planning application, you will see more information being shown. In some circumstances this will then have links to further information. As an example on the ward information area, when you click for more information you will see the ward name and councillors and then a link for more information.