Request for informal advice
A duty planning officer can offer informal advice on planning matters.
The Council operates a "Duty Planning Officer" system whereby planning officers take turns to provide informal advice and guidance on your planning proposals. This is available either by telephone (Phone number: 01476 406080) or in person to visitors to the Council's offices in Grantham and Bourne. It is not necessary to make an appointment.
The Duty Planning Officer is available to give advice on:
- Whether planning permission is required.
- The completion of application forms.
- The relevant fee necessary to accompany a planning application.
- General advice on the planning process. (please note that it will not be possible to state what the likely outcome of any planning application will be and any informal opinion given cannot bind the authority as to the eventual outcome of the application)
- Interpretation of drawings submitted by others e.g. by your neighbour.
Visitors seeking an informal opinion on development proposal will be expected to bring drawings, photographs and any other illustrative material with them to help us understand the proposal.
Those wishing to receive written pre-application advice are asked to write in to the authority with their proposals enclosing the appropriate fee.
The document below provides a checklist of the information which the Council will require in order to enable the authority to assess your preliminary enquiry.
|[1Mb]||Pre-planning FAQs||Pre-planning FAQs|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.