We aim to please by making sure that we give you enough information about your rights and responsibilities as a leaseholder.
As a leaseholder, you have bought the right to live in your property for a fixed number of years - initially up to 125 - called the 'term'. Although the term is fixed at the start, it decreases every year until it expires and the ownership of the property returns to us, unless you apply to extend the lease.
Here are the standards of service that you should expect from us if you are a leaseholder of one of our properties.
- Consult with our Leaseholders like you about general issues that will affect all leaseholders.
- Consult with you before carrying out major works to your block of flats, and before entering into long term contracts that you will be expected to contribute to through your service charge account, and take your views into account. This is called a Section 20 Consultation.
- Advise you of your estimated contribution towards the cost of any works or services.
- Promote and develop the opportunities that exist for your involvement within the housing service.
- Carry out repairs and services that we are responsible for to a high standard, and monitor your satisfaction.
- Provide you with a copy of our Leaseholders Handbook, which outlines your rights and responsibilities.
- Carry out comprehensive satisfaction surveys, and act upon the responses that we get to improve our services.
- Keep you up to date with changes in the law that will affect you as a leaseholder, and us as the freeholder, of your home, and amend our procedures accordingly.
You can help us by:
- Letting us know if you transfer your lease to anyone else.
- Completing any surveys that we send to you letting us know your views.
- Letting us know if we fail to meet any of these standards or if there are any aspects of our services that you are unhappy with.
Customer Care and feedback
We always value your comment. If you have any comments or complaints about an improvement project then please inform your project liaison officer or contact us directly.
|[562kb]||Leaseholders handbook||Leaseholders handbook|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.