Customer Service Standards
We adhere to the following minimum standards of service delivery across all areas of the council.
If we do not meet these standards, or you have any feedback about them, please use the section on the customer services homepage to tell us what you think.
- Respond to your needs in a polite and helpful way.
- Listen and consider your needs as a valued customer.
- Dress appropriately, wear name badges and give names so you know who you are talking to.
- Have private interview facilities available if you require them.
- Answer telephone calls within 10 rings.
- Answer 80% of your enquiries at first point of contact or tell you why we can't.
- Answer your letters within 10 working days.
- Acknowledge your e-mails within 1 working day of receipt, and answer within 8 working days of receipt.
- Provide easy to understand information in a suitable format.
- See you within 10 minutes of your appointment time.
- Investigate any complaint you may have by following the Council's complaints procedure.
- Inform all section of your changes and major events on your behalf with your permission.
- Provide and advertise appropriate provision to deal with serious problems which can be dealt with out-of-hours.