Cleanliness is a priority for us and street care teams are out making the area a better and more attractive environment in which to live, work and invest.
They are sprucing up the district by clearing fly-tipping, cleaning road signs, repairing bins, pulling up weeds and power-washing pavements. Workers also clean graffiti, pick litter and cut back trees which are in the way of signs.
Our Big Clean team can:
- remove weeds, litter and dirt on the highway to leave the area clean and tidy
- power wash pavements to remove moss and bird droppings
- power wash road signs, benches and litter bins
- remove graffiti on public property
- report any damaged SKDC bins to the office so they can be replaced
- remove flytipping
- get permission to cut back hedges or undergrowth that is obstructing the highway
- cut back tree branches obstructing street signs where safe to do so
- mechanically sweep the roads.
Residents can highlight and problem areas in a form on our website southkesteven.gov.uk so that the team can get along and tackle them.
The team cannot deal with any issues on private land; these should be taken up with the landowner.
The Big Clean - the bigger picture
If you see something in your neighbourhood you wish to tell us about, simply use the reporting tool to let us know.
The following items are dealt with by our street cleansing teams. Please submit your report via the following link: