Abandoned vehicles

Report an abandoned car or other vehicle online.

You can report an abandoned car or other vehicle if it is:

  • untaxed
  • burnt-out
  • badly damaged or has missing parts
  • has not moved for a significant amount of time

Before reporting an abandoned vehicle, you must check on the GOV.UK website (Get vehicle information from DVLA) to see if a vehicle has up to date road tax. Since 1 October 2014, it is no longer a requirement to display the tax disc.

If the vehicle is taxed, it is legally on the road, and we will not investigate.

You can report an abandoned vehicle using our online form, please click on the button below.

Report an abandoned vehicle

If a vehicle is left on private land, we need written permission from the landowner to go onto their land.