There are various types of custom build project, which include:
- individual custom build - an individual purchases a plot of land and builds a house to live in. They may do some or all of the build themselves, or employ a builder, architect and in some cases, a project manager to oversee the build
- group custom build - a group of people come together to design and develop a custom build housing development which they then live in. They may build this themselves or with help from a developer to manage the project
- developer-led custom build - a developer divides a larger site into individual plots and provides a design and build service to purchasers. This gives people a chance to tailor existing house designs to suit their own preference and needs
The Government has issued regulations about eligibility for entry on the register. An individual is eligible for entry on the register if that individual is:
- aged 18 or over
- a British citizen, a national of an EEA State other than the United Kingdom, or a national of Switzerland
- seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land in the relevant authority's area to build a house to occupy as that individual's sole or main residence
If the applicant is a group or an association, each member must fulfil the eligibility criteria.
If you would like to register your interest, please click on the button below and complete the registration form.
How we will use information from the register
By signing up, you will help us find out more about the demand for custom build plots in South Kesteven, where people would like their plot to be and the type of house that they would like to build.
We will use the information to explore ways in which it might be possible for people and plots to be brought together. Registration does not however guarantee that a suitable plot will be identified, or become available.
The council does not own land which it can use to provide plots for custom build.
We will not pass identifiable information from the Register on to anyone outside the council without the written consent of the person who registered their details.
Further information and advice
If you would like to know more about the custom and self build project, have any queries about the registration, or would like a copy of the registration form sent to you, please contact our Planning Policy Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01476 40 60 80.