Apply for social housing

Advice is available to help you stay in your home, visit our housing issues and advice pages. 

There is a high demand for social housing in our district and our Housing Allocation Policy sets out how we give priority in South Kesteven. Once you have submitted your housing application we will complete an assessment and be in touch with you. This can take up to 30 days.

Please note we are changing the way you apply for social housing with us, or advise us of overcrowding concerns or medical conditions relevant to your housing needs. Our housing register application, medical self-assessment and overcrowding forms are now available online.

As part of our housing register process you will need to supply photo identification for each adult on your housing application, and a birth certificate for each child. You will also need to provide copies of all household income (e.g. payslips), and evidence of any benefits you are in receipt of.

You can save your application form and return to it at a later time as many times as you wish until submission.

You will not be able to submit you application until all required information has been provide and any evidence requested has been attached.

Please find our FAQ's here.

Please note you will need to set up a customer account with us to apply for any of these services.

The account needs to be in the name of the person applying for these services, or we will not be able to process the application.

**Important information - signing up for a tenancy**

Housing application

Use this to join our Housing Register 




Change of circumstances 

Use this to report any changes that we may need to be aware of




Medical self assessment 

If you develop a health condition, or an existing condition becomes worse, and is adversely affected by your living conditions, please complete a Medical Self-Assessment form.





Are you living in overcrowded accommodation?

Whether or not you are 'overcrowded' depends on the size of your home as well as who lives with you. In order for us to decide whether you should be awarded a rehousing priority, we need to assess whether you are "overcrowded" based on a room standard and space standards set out in the Housing Act 1985 part X.